Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What NEW CC Cream is Selling Out at Sephora?

Erborian CC Creme is flying off the shelves at Sephora. Why? PHOTO: Chanel Makeup Bag
So what's the hot item that Sephora can't keep in stock this summer? Well in the scheme of things color correcting, CC and BB creams abound but this new one from Erborian claims to also be a High Definition Radiance Face Cream. Here's what I found.



Sephora can't keep this new CC Creme in stock.


Made in South Korea it could very well fit in with my previous post featuring NEW Japanese and Korean Summer Spa Treats. Erborian does, however contain dimethecone which is quite common in many primers. I personally have been phasing out dimethecone based beauty products.


Swatches top to bottom: Erborian CC Creme, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and Hard Candy Color Correct Expert Creme in Lavender
What's interesting is that the Erborian CC Creme comes out of the tube white and with a slight shimmer from the "encapsulated pigments". However after you start to blend, you can see that it begins to dry down to more of a matte finish. I am wearing the FAIR and it does offer some opacity as you can see it covering my blue veins. I can not say that it boosts any radiance as it drys looking somewhat flat. Still, it DOES adapt to your skin tone beautifully. I have worn it under my makeup with a little primer and it looked great. No shimmer or shine. No illumination that I could see. A little goes a long way. Offers a modest SPF 25.  See more at Erborian.com


NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Another top seller at Sephora is NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. The second swatch on my arm you'll see is rather dark, (color is Caramel Med/Dark2) as compared to my early summer skin. I like the texture and the finish is more dewy, not dry like many concealers. Stays put and doesn't crease. However where it loses points is on how few shades are available. One of the Sephora makeup artists "matched" me with this shade because the one above it was just too pink. I have to add a lighter concealer such as Bye Bye Undereye by It Cosmetics to customize the shade.



Hard Candy Color Correct Expert Creme in Lavender
This Color Correcting Creme by Hard Candy comes in several shades but is shown here in Lavender which is perfect for olive skin tones. Goes on smoothly via the little brush inside the wand. A few dabs are all you need as it spreads like butter. It is matte without shimmer but non drying or cakey. I wouldn't call this a dupe for the Erborian CC Creme but it does correct overly ruddy and olive skin tones.

The Wrap
I did not see any color correcting qualities in the Erborian CC Creme. The high definition "radiant and luminous" factor is ever so slight and barely noticeable on the skin. This would be good for times when you don't want a lot of shimmer such as for daytime wear. So if you are looking for color correcting, I'd try the Hard Candy Expert Creme or Model's Own Face Base Colour Correcting Face Primer available at Ulta.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment