Thursday, May 22, 2014

What's in My Resort Bag? Spa Swag


Resort faves: BioElixia Body Shapers and Sulwhasoo Age Veil.
Crystal Springs Resort & Spa, Hardyston, NJ I just got back from visiting one of the most beautiful resorts in the NYC/Metro area. We stayed at the Grand Cascades Lodge at Crystal Springs Resort in a beautiful one bedroom suite replete with patio, living room, fireplace, kitchen and dining area. The bathrooms have both a shower and a full sized whirlpool tub. The best part was the gorgeous mountain view as seen here from the doorway of the Clubhouse.

View of the mountains that surround Crystal Springs Resort
Resort Amenities
While we always appreciate a beautiful room and a great view, the spa aspect of a resort is also key. Reflections Spa is among the top 30 retreats in the US and number ONE in New Jersey. We also enjoyed the Biosphere Pool and Hot Tub which allowed us to be outdoors in our swimsuits despite the cooler temps.

The Biosphere Pool & Hot Tub.  Relaxing in the shade.
So What's in My Resort Bag?
An upscale resort like Crystal Springs will provide you with towels by the pool and a cotton terry robe but I brought along my:

LMN (Luxe Me Now) Slippers in Bronze Lurex: I wore these downstairs to breakfast and to the pool. Non-slip soles means these posh slippers can be worn outside. Gorgeously feminine, these are the ULTIMATE in resort luxury and comfort. Sold at Saks 5th Ave.

A Swimsuit (or two)! You'll also need a swimsuit when using the spa's sauna and hot tub. I'm wearing my Voda Swim black string bikini here (as seen in Sports Illustrated) but I also brought my Carve Designs Lara Full Piece. It has a halter-tie top and pretty folds at the bust line.

Body Firming Creams: I use Bioelixia Body Shapers before my trip to the spa and while I'm there. Their Firming Toning Body Lotion gives skin an instant tightening boost due to high levels of green tea and caffeine. It's in a class all its own. I also use Bioelixia Cellulite Contour Creme after bathing with their Exfoliating Body Polish. The microdermabrasion beads in the scrub are just what the spas use and give amazing results of ultra smooth skin.

Carve Designs Lara Full Piece Swimsuit in Tulum & Luxe Me Now Slippers

Sunscreen: FACE: The sunblock for my face that I'm loving right now is from Korea. Sulwhasoo Age Veil 30+ UV Protection Creme is more like a skin treatment with added sunscreen. It goes on so smoothly with no white residue. Very moisturizing but light it is made with time honored Korean botanicals like ginseng.
BODY: I just started using this new Australian Gold SPF 50 Sunblock + Bronzer on my body. So rich, it gives you a little instant warmth of subtle color while protecting your skin . Made with Kona Coffee, it gives you a firming boost along with a bit of bronzing.

Spa Swag
Here are some goodies that most of the top resorts provide so you needn't bring them and can take them when you leave: Molton Brown London- Samphire Body Wash, Kumundu Volumising Conditioner, Kumundu Volumising Shampoo, Coco & Sandalwood Nourishing Body Lotion, Ultra Pure Milk Bath Soap.


More Resort Bag Must Haves:

Juicy Couture La La Malibu Eau de Toilette Spray has fresh summery top notes that remind you of the beach. The prefect resort fragrance for the spa and then out to dinner. Love the glass heart on the bottle! Available at Sephora.

G.M. Collin Instant Radiance Eye Patches & Embryolisse Artist Secret Radiant Eye Balm are spa quality treatments you can enjoy in your own hotel suite! The G.M. Collin Eye Patch packets are small enough to throw in your makeup bag and relax with in the whirlpool. The Embryolisse Artist Secret Radiant Eye is cool and refreshing, giving the skin an instant boost of moisture.



Elizabeth Arden Triple Protection Factor TPF50 was just released this spring but has already become one of my must-haves on the go. It's like having a tinted moisturizer and sunscreen (SPF 50+) in one. Wear it alone or over a primer like Miracle Blur and you're good. Read my full review of the TPF50 HERE.

Elizabeth Arden's New Triple Protection Factor

I'm booked for another stay at Crystal Springs Resort this summer. I will definitely be taking my favorites along again. You should too.

Swimsuits c/o Carve Designs & Voda Swim respectively.
Skincare c/o Bioelixia & Amorepacific respectively.
Slippers c/o Luxe Me Now
Fragrance c/o Juicy Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment