Sunday, April 13, 2014

BOXYCHARM - Mail Order Beauty

BOXYCHARM beauty subscription service.
BOXYCHARM is a chic beauty subscription service that offers classic, emerging and established products shipped to your door for only $21 a month. As a card carrying Sephora Beauty Insider, I know that $21 doesn't get you too far in a store. So subscription services like these can be an easy way to try new cosmetics and products you might not have access to or even think of trying on your own.

Presentation: BOXYCHARM comes elegantly wrapped in tissue paper.


The standard for BOXYCHARM is to give the subscriber about $100 + worth of cosmetics in each installment. These are full sized products, not skimpy samples. You will usually get 5 products in all to try. Here's what was in the box I received for the month of April:


Coolway Glow Finishing Oil - Full Size
This is a generous 3.3 oz pump bottle. I would have loved to have seen this same product in an ultra-fine mist. I was actually looking for something like this to help deal with the tangles I often get in my hair at the nape of the neck. The second ingredient is Dimethecone with the seaweed a bit far down on the list. Still, it has a wonderful smell without leaving your hair oily, especially if you work it in from the ends to the roots. Retails for $29.95 which is about average to high for hair serums with similar ingredients.

Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick - Full Size
I wore this very bright Ofra lipstick to an art gallery exhibit Saturday night and was pretty impressed at how it didn't darken or fade. Brilliant! Has a yummy vanilla scent similar to HourGlass Lip Sheens but with much more staying power. Light, not gummy. Price $19.90

Bellapierre Nail Color - Full Size
This line follows butterLONDON's toluene, DBP and formadehyde-free formula which is definitely a move in the right direction. Claims flawless coverage which is always a challenge for me. I like the instructions to start with a base coat, then apply the nail lacquer and follow up with a top coat. Made in the USA. Price $15.00 which is about average/comparable to butterLONDON and China Glaze.

ModelCo's Blush Cheeck Powder - Full Size
I received the Peach Bellini 02 shade which has a lovely amount of shimmer. This is a generous compact of 8 gms and claims all days lasting power with sheer coverage. I really under-use blush but this shade is very natural in it's sheer pressed powder form. Price $18.00

ModelCo's Lip Liner - Full Size
Really needed one of these! Enriched with emollients, natural waxes and butters. It has a built in sharpener right in the cap which is also one of the things I really like about my ELF liners. I used it with the Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick and it was great! Price $20 which is comparable to Bobbi Brown's lip pencils which run about $26.00

  
The Wrap
Basically for the price of a lip pencil, you would get all these other cosmetic & haircare products for free. I've never heard of any of these products so if you are into prestige brands, April's box may not be your month. That being said, I also might have never tried any of these products had it not been for BOXYCHARM so I'm going to call that a win. Visit BOXYCHARM.com online to see their current array of beauty boxes and subscriptions.

April Cosmetics c/o BOXYCHARM

No comments:

Post a Comment