Monday, March 17, 2014

Sun Sense: Top New Sunscreens for Spring-Summer

Some of the BEST sun protection products to kick off spring!
While we need sun protection all year round, now is the time to upgrade your solar guard.  Why? Well, the days are getting longer and brighter. That plus the warmer temps means we will be spending more time outdoors and exposing more skin to the harmful rays of the sun. While I'm not a fan of looking like a ghost, I know from walking, running and cycling that burned skin looks even worse! Still, I'm a fan of tinted moisturizers and airbrushed tans for a Victoria's Secret model glow.

Sunscreen as Primer
One of the problems I've had with sunscreens is that even the ones for the face are often greasy and cause your makeup to slide off or pill up. I hate that! I've purchased Bobbi Brown's Brightening SPF 50 UV Protective Face Base and found it to be good but at less than 2 oz in a tube, (1.7 to be exact), you'd go through it very quickly. What I like even better is G.M. Collin's High Protection Cream SPF 30.
High Protection Cream from G.M. Collin

High Protection Cream from G.M. Collin - Paris
This sunscreen comes in a convenient 4 oz twist dispenser topped bottle. Using natural sunscreens like Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, it uniformly blocks both UVA & UVB rays by creating a gentle, transparent physical barrier. It is SO light that it doesn't mess with my makeup application. It leaves behind no white film and does not block pores. This super sunscreen also contains botanicals like Cassia Alata Leaf Extract to protect DNA from UV damage and antioxidants like vitamins E and C.  I wore it under my makeup while marching in the Saint Patrick's Day Parade this year and was very comfortable. My skin didn't get burned even though it was quite sunny along the parade route. High Protection Cream can be used on face and body but makes a good primer for makeup application as well.

ASAP Hydrating Lip Balm & Wexler Tinted Moisturizer
Getting Your Glow On
These are my everyday, go for a run/walk/bicycle ride essentials. I'm going to sweat so I don't want a full on makeup application but I DO want some color and protection.

ASAP Hydrating Lip Balm SPF 15 
I put this on as a lip primer and moisturizer. It's amazing and I often don't need much lip color after putting this on first. We often forget about our lips but they are often some of the first areas to show age due to sun damage.

Patricia Wexler Daily Defense Anti-Oxidant Tinted Moisturizer  SPF 30
This is really good for a quick, light translucent wash of bronze color with a SPF of 30. Infused with antioxidants, Dr. Wexler's formulas mostly all contain her signature skin regenerating MMP's so it's treatment and makeup all rolled into one. Very light, it's like wearing nothing at all but gives you a little color for the road. 

Coming Into Spring keep in mind that our skin isn't generally prepared for bright sunshine. You need to protect yourself face and body to look and feel your best through the summer season.

High Protection Cream c/o G. M. Collin - Paris  

No comments:

Post a Comment