Monday, April 15, 2013

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Bulletproof Makeup: Estee Lauder's Double Wear is at the heart of makeup that stays put all day.
SPRING NYC: If you are like me and just can't stand another summer of smeary, running makeup, now is the time to step up and try something new, (or maybe old). Years ago, I wore Estee Lauder's Lucidity and liked it very much. Really the main benefit of department store makeup is that you can have it color matched to your skin tone. This will usually give the best results but you should also try wearing it outdoors in full sun.

Since I model fitness and athletic wear, I need a foundation that can make it through the shoot with out transferring onto my clothing. Most of the time I airbrush my makeup which gives me very light coverage and incredible staying power.  I use Kett Cosmetics of NYC and her Hydro Foundation is my holy grail. Here I am below with my airbrushed foundation for a Craghoppers / Pistil Designs shoot:

Kett Hydro Foundation was airbrushed on prior to this NYC photo shoot.
So I was at the mall on Sunday and was given a little postcard for a 10 day supply of any Estee Lauder Foundation of your choice. Since I haven't used Estee Lauder in over 10 years, I thought I would give their Double Wear a try for my upcoming outdoor photo shoots. The counter-lady, Brittany quickly tried two shades on my skin and waited for them to oxidize. The Pure Beige in Shade 2Cl seemed to be the best match. She gave me my 10 day sample and off I went.  Double Wear dries down very quickly so I applied it with a damp Beauty Blender sponge. I didn't use much and simply applied it over my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and Hard Candy's Glamoflage Heavy Duty Concealer. Here is the result from a photo-shoot for ExOfficio:

Estee Lauder Double Wear for my outdoor shoot for ExOfficio.
To me, the Double Wear looks very similar to my airbrush application, even in full sun. I only used a touch of NARS Orgasm Facial Illuminator on my cheeks and Brass Plum Bronzer. I set it with the tiniest dusting of Revlon's Nearly Naked Pressed Powder The EL Double Wear did not transfer onto the collar of this very light, Stone colored trench coat. Even with a light application of primer, (Revlon Miracle Blur) did not feel heavy or greasy. The finish is matte to semi-matte and pretty much stayed that way the whole day even though I have oily skin. Once again, I used very little of this foundation but the coverage and longevity were beyond what I expected. I was told that EL is bringing back the Lucidity as a reformulation. That may be a good thing but right now I'm pretty pleased with the Double Wear! #Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment