Monday, April 8, 2013

NEW Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation & Powder

Revlon Trio: Nearly Naked 180 Medium Beige Foundation, Photoready Color Corrector Primer and Nearly Naked 030 Medium Powder
I'm not a serious fan of drugstore foundations but had the chance to purchase and try Revlon's NEW Nearly Naked Foundation and Pressed Powder. I usually like and wear Lancome's Tient Miracle (with pump applicator) as far as liquid foundations go. As for photoshoots I use Kett's Airbrush Foundations. However, I was looking for something ultra light, relatively waterproof, with a decent SPF for summer. I already have the Revlon ColorStay Whipped foundation which has amazing holding power. All the same that foundation is a bit heavy.

The Revlon Nearly Nakeds are said by some to be a dupe for the pricier Urban Decay foundation.  I don't know if that is the case but I think it has more in common with its ColorStay Liquid Foundation cousin. Like ColorStay, there is no pump dispenser so you have to pour a bit out on your hand to start applying with a brush or sponge, (I like the Beauty Blender). You can easily pour too much and make a mess but the formula is not overly runny. I used Bobbi Brown's Makeup Base + Sunblock (SPF 50) and a bit of L'Oreal's Miracle Blur but not a lot else. I quickly applied the NN foundation with a large stippling brush and worked it in over my Kat Von D (Sephora) Lock-It Concealer and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. I added a little extra Hard Candy Glamoflage to my chin area and finished it off with a light dusting of the Nearly Naked 030 Medium Powder. Then just a few strokes of Brass Plum Bronzer for a beachy glow that that was it.

The Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation has a SPF 20. Here are the results below shot in full sun on a nearly cloudless day while out riding on my bicycle:

Revlon's NN liquid & powder with Bobbi Brown Base

I would say that the coverage is about medium as I did not build or layer it. I don't have too many freckles or blemishes but it easily covered what I do have. When I blotted it after taking a bicycle ride in 66 degree weather today, there was NO makeup transfer which once again reminds me of it's kissing cousin, ColorStay. I did not wear too much moisturizer as it was warmer than usual and I wanted the lightest application possible. So I'm used to a little more of a dewy finish but this was not dry or cakey by any means. It also did not darken and oxidize. Stayed pretty much the same as when I applied it.  Here is another picture only this time I used their Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer underneath:

I think the Color Corrector gave my skin more of a lift but this picture was also taken as the sun was going down.  Still you get the idea. The fact that the Nearly Naked Foundation doesn't have a pump is not a deal breaker for me. The surprise is how luxe and finely made the matching Nearly Naked Pressed Powder is!  It's like silk and VERY translucent. So it is not as if you are adding more pigmentation to your skin, hiding it underneath opaque layers.  Just the opposite. You can see my skin through the make up which matches my coloring and undertones very well.
If you want to try a refreshing drugstore foundation this summer, check out the Revlon Color Wheel Mirror to pick your best color match in the Nearly Nakeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment