Monday, April 28, 2014

Editor's Edition: What's in My Work Commute Handbag?

Essentials I pack for my day commute into NYC.
NYC, NY Ever wonder what us editors pack when we have to cover an event in the city? Well, we've got to be very strategic about space but there are a few things that fill many uses that I take along every time. I will usually take a larger carry all to hold everything and my camera bag is separate but everything fits right in.

My Carry All: Give Love Cycle's Guilden Bag
This carry all is the perfect size to hold everything I need for my commute and a comfortable day away from home. What's really cool is it is made to fit the CityBike's front basket so once I get off the train, I can hop on a CB at one of Kiosks on 7th Ave. Even if I'm not planning to ride the NYC Bike Path, I like having the option to do so and this Guilden Carry All is perfect no matter what. 


The Guilden Carry All by Give Love Cycle

Pack Your Bag!
I'm notorious for taking WAY too much stuff but I've learned over time to pack "modules" of items. I've learned this from backpacking and camping but it works for commuting too. Items that do similar things can be packed in smaller inner bags so it's easier to access on the road. A few examples would be my Minimergency Pouch by Pinch Provisions which has lip balm, breath freshener, clear nail polish, an emery board, tampon, pain reliever, bandage, a sewing kit, etc. all packed in a tiny pouch. Genius!

Minimergency Kit by Pinch Provisions
My Commuter Bag Contents:
Left to Right-
Minimergency Kit, L'Occitane Almond Hand Cream, Physician's Formula Lighted/Mirrored pH Powered Lip Gloss, All Good Coconut Sunstick SPF 30, GM Collin Eye Contour Corrector, Round Makeup Mirror in Green Leather Case, Neocell Beauty Bursts, Visine Eye Drops, Energems, Benefit Watt's Up? Highlighter, Probar Fuel Energy Bar and Whish Deodorant Swipes.

Tea to Go: Eco Vessel's tricked out thermal bottle is amazing.
Eco Vessel for Hot or Cold Drinks
I also keep a container of hot tea or ice cold water with me on my trip. I'm loving the Eco Vessel Boulder right now due to it's sleek design, cool spring colors and leak-proof triple walled technology. Packing this way leaves room for my bicycle helmet and the Eco Vessel. Just the right size and easy to hold, this water bottle goes with me each time I leave the house. This and my Probar means I'll always have food and water available.  See more bottle styles and types at EcoVessel.com:

Featuring our TriMax® triple insulation technology, the BOULDER has been tested to keep water cold for up to 36 hours and hot up to 8 hours. Perfect for water, tea, coffee, soup or just about any drink. Its tight screw on top will keep your drink securely inside, where it belongs. It has a wide mouth to easily accommodate ice cubes and a comfortable, convenient drinking spout. We've also included a removable tea strainer/ice dam. The Boulder is a sturdy, high quality, stylish vacuum insulated steel water bottle for the office, tennis courts, golf course, on the trails... anyplace, anytime. 
  • Cold and hot drinks
  • Premium #304 stainless steel
  • Free of BPA, phthalates, liners
  • TriMax® triple insulation for superb performance
  • Removable tea strainer/ice dam
  • Sturdy carrying handle
  • Recyclable
  • 17 oz (500 ml)
  • 10.75" high; 3.00 diameter; 1 lb
  
Carry All and Water Bottle c/o Give Love Cycle and Eco Vessel respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment