Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How to Apply The Perfect Makeup Foundation: Runway Model Secrets

The perfect foundation begins with professional tools and the right color match for YOU!

It's no secret that in order to get model perfect makeup, you need the right tools to go along with technique. I've had the pleasure of being worked on by some of the best makeup artists in the industry for magazine layouts, video and television appearances. While I may not have their skills, I can get the best foundation match and use the same quality brushes that the pros do.

That's why I was so excited about the Kett Fixx Creme Foundations. I have the neutral palette and these very rich, creamy colors work very well with their Hydro Foundation which I apply via airbrush. I was using a Sonia Kashuk foundation brush with these which was not bad but often left streaks which needed to be buffed out. Then I was introduced to the Esum Line of makeup brushes by Muse Makeup Pro. The G47 is a very soft goat hair brush and is recommended for use with both creme and liquid foundations. Seriously, this brush made a BIG difference. No lines, no streaks, it basically buffs the foundation in as it's being applied.

Esum G47 is a very soft, natural creme foundation brush
esum G47 - Cream Foundation Brush:

Created for perfecting the complexion. Goat hair provides sheer to medium coverage of your favorite cream foundation. Ideal for cream to liquid mediums.
Price:  $42.00 
Kett Fixx Creme Foundations and Blush

esum G47:
One of the things that sets esum brushes apart is that natural bristle brushes, such as the G47 are super soft yet durable. That's because they are made from the "first cut" or the goat's birth coat which is always the softest. This entire line is crafted from cured birch wood handles and hand rolled brass ferrules. Natural hair fibers have a cuticle which allows the holding and distribution of makeup pigments onto the skin. I used the esum G47 slightly wet and then totally dry in my Kett Fixx Creme Foundation and Embryolisse Compact Foundation Creme. Either way the finish was gorgeous! The textured goat hair picks up the creme makeup and you see it on the bristles but as you buff it into your skin, the hair fibers turn white again. That's the cuticle transfer you want to see...from the pallet to the brush to your skin.

Embryolisse Compact Creme Foundation goes on like a dream with the G47
How to Apply the Perfect Makeup Foundation

Prime
Some of my tips and tricks from the runway and print work start with very clean but moist skin. I like Embryolisse Purifying Milk Wash followed up with their Hydra-Mat Emulsion for spring & summertime because it controls shiny breakthrough so well. Hydra-Mat Emulsion makes for the perfect primer-moisturizer and is pretty much all you need. If you need more "filler", I like MAC Prep + Prime Line Filler. It is somewhat thick and hard to apply but I tap it in over my completed makeup.

Makeup Foundation  Basics
Kett Cosmetics knows the basic rule that most of us are either golden (olive) or ruby-toned. Once you get this down, you'll be able to apply makeup that looks just like your own skin (only WAY better). If I am doing a photo-shoot, I apply the Kett Creme Foundation first with the esum G47 and then airbrush my Hydro Foundation over it. I generally don't need concealer as the creme foundation's coverage is so complete.

Finishing Touches 
I like to finish my look (contouring, highlighting & eye makeup) with Kett Shimmers and Liquid Metals. Kett Creme Blush is also one of my favorites and I apply it with a Beauty Blender Sponge. The only makeup I don't apply via airbrush is eyeliner and lipstick. That's it! Kett Cosmetics are virtually bulletproof and will not come off until you take it off. I've never had to retouch it even for outdoor action photo shoots and videos.

Tools With Intention Using the same tools as the pros do makes all the difference and I am going to enjoy updating you on my exploration of this gorgeous esum line of makeup artist brushes, namely their 14 Piece Pro Essential Brush Set. 

Esum 14 pc Pro Essential Brush Set
 
I'll be showing off my new look and technique for Vanity Fair's International Best Dressed List Challenge. Click HERE and check it out!

Makeup and brushes c/o Kett Cosmetics, Embryolisse Labs and Muse Beauty Pro respectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment