Saturday, November 16, 2013

PMD Personal Microdermabrasion for Clearer Skin REVIEW

Get a "better than the spa" microdermabrasion session at home! PMD's Personal Kit.
New York, NY: I used to really enjoy going to Macy's for Adrian Arpel's signature European Facials! It was so relaxing and my skin would look fantastic after. Later, I would get acid peels at my dermatologist's office as this helped diminish the acne scars I had. Those were a bit more intense but gave better results than a facial. In fact both chemical peels and microdermabrasion treatments are gaining appeal because the results are immediate and there is little or no down time after the procedure. I've been able to go home, put on my makeup and go out for the evening after a peel.

PMD Personal Microdermabrasion
This is a unit designed for at home use which replicates an in-office Microdermabrasion session. One of the things I don't like about going to the doctor's office is that I have to arrive and leave sans makeup. With the PMD, I can schedule a treatment within the comfort and privacy of my own home. Also I would go once a month for facials and initially once every three weeks for glycolic acid peels, the latter took about 3 months worth of peels to get my skin clear.  The PMD device gives you all this at home and for a fraction of the cost.

The PMD comes with a power cord for continuous energy flow to the unit.
How Does the PMD Work?
The PMD device connects to a power cord which is good because you'll need a steady power flow for the best results. The doctor's office Microdermabrasion units basically work this way: A wand with a diamond head and aluminum oxide crystals is passed over your face. At the same time, the wand is sucking up the loose crystals and dead skin cells as it goes.

The PMD actually performs this procedure even better. It uses a disk embedded with these same crystals so they are not blowing in your eyes or up your nose during the treatment. The unit simultaneously sucks up dead skin cells and traps them inside the top of the unit. The result is very clean and you will notice a difference after the very first session.

How Do I Use the PMD?
It is recommended that you only use the PMD device once a week. There is a learning curve in using this machine so be sure to read all the directions and use the training disk first to see how your skin will react. The first time I got a little red and scuffed up on my cheeks but if you have had any sort of "work" done, you'll know this is temporary and any scabbing will flake off in about 4 days. I recommend using a little Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream on any red areas. It immediately calms down irritation and speeds the healing process.


Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream is amazing for post treatment redness and scuffs.
My Skin Care Routine After the PMD
After a PMD treatment, I like to wash my face with something gentle like Aveeno's Ultra-Calming Foaming Wash or a new product I've just tried by G.M. Collin of Paris, Bio Organique Cleansing Milk. Both are very gentle and do not disturb the skins pH so you can perhaps skip the toner. After this you can add your serums as microdermabrasion allows them to absorb much more effectively. Just be sure to use a gentle face cream and sunblock. I'm really liking MitoQ right now because it is very soothing and proven to be 1000 times more potent than other CoQ antioxidant based creams. It also claims to help restore collagen and elastin to more youthful levels. These products are highly coveted and used in some of the top spas in the world!

Nourish Your Skin
The primary benefit of microdermabrasion is that it removes the stratum corneum or top layer of dead skin to reveal fresh new cells. This and the suction action also increases blood flow and quicker regeneration of cells and collagen. Pores appear smaller and acne scars will fade in depth. However in order to help your skin renew itself, you'll need to eat a balanced diet and take a good Collagen Supplement like NeoCell. The Beauty Bursts are SO delicious and since they are individually wrapped, you can take them anywhere.

NeoCell Collagen Beauty Builders work from the inside out!
My Thoughts...
The PMD is not a toy. Having had office procedures like this, I know what to expect so for the uninitiated, it could be a bit intimidating. All the same, if you follow the instructions and use the training head until you are completely comfortable with handling the device, you should be golden. Once that happens you can move up to the more intense microdermabrasion heads but the choice is yours.

With only the training head, I saw an immediate improvement. The second time was even better and the great thing is that you can use the PMD on your knees, elbows, heels and other body parts. Pretty amazing! Overall, my skin is smoother, tighter and clearer. Even my summer freckles are getting erased. Next to my Clarisonic, this is one of the best skincare devices I've tried. Visit QVC and pick one up to start on your way to clearer, more beautiful skin!

PMD Personal Microdermabrasion unit c/o QVC 

2 comments:

  1. How much did the PMD Personal Microdermabrasion cost you? I can imagine how convenient it is to do a microdermabrasion in your own home and at your own time. This would be great if you are confident that you could administer the treatment all by yourself. Anyway, I’m glad it worked for you!

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders - Knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this useful information please check my blog also Microdermabrasion in Islamabad

    ReplyDelete