Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cool Summer Active Wear from REI and Keen

Cool summer separates for the great outdoors!
Summer is the time for going places. To the lake, traveling abroad, bicycle tours and camping are all more fun in the warmer weather. So your clothing should be as fun as the activities. Unfortunately, I've had many such outings nearly ruined because I did not wear the right clothing. A quick checklist for summer active wear success should include:

1.) Light, airy materials
2.) Fabrics which wick moisture & dry quickly
3.) Multiple activity pieces that cross over

Whether you are headed for the beach, a bike ride or a backyard picnic, your clothing should move effortlessly with each activity.

REI super breezy yellow top and Fleet Skapris
Kayaking to Cycling: In the lead collage, I'm kayaking in REI's Fleet Skapris. A clever combination of ventilated capris with a sporty skirt attached, it is great to wear on the land or on the water. I've gone cycling with them and stayed quite cool in the saddle. Other perks include a zippered rear pocket and moisture wicking panels behind the knees. I especially like the wide, no roll waistband with drawstring for a just right fit. Fabric provides a respectable UPF 50+ and the fabric is wrinkle free so stuff these in your backpack and go. Likewise the REI yellow tank has multiple panels and a non-clingy fabric. Very cool for even the hottest days.

REI tank top is vented and non-clingy
Shorts That Breathe  Since a heatwave hit the great northeast, I've been living in these amazing shorts. They are made of fabric similar to the Fleet Skapris. REI's 2 in 1 Shorts shown here in Black/Shale are flattering and have great vented panels on both sides. These are cross training shorts suitable for your morning run or walk, replete with a zippered, waterproofed lined lumbar pocket. The liner shorts offer light compression with excellent wicking. Reflective trim accents for night training runs and a comfortable wide, no roll waistband. UPF of 50+ but these are somewhat short so your legs WILL get sun. See more summer fashions from REI.com

REI 2 in 1 Shorts in Black/Shale

Summer Footwear I love my sandals in the summertime but I often have to switch them out for shoes with toe protection when I go for a hike or hop on my bicycle. I actually killed a beautiful pair of silver & turquoise inlaid Angier Etienne sandals doing an Advanced Trail hike in the mountains of PA. Adding insult to injury, my feet hurt afterward. So I've learned since to pair the right footwear with the intended activity.

Keen's Newport H2 Hiking Sandals
Keen's Newport H2 Hiking Sandals I've just started wearing these but I can see they are quickly becoming my favorites for nearly everything. It is so cool (literally) to take a warm summer morning walk with this much ventilation hitting your toes. Likewise, these are made to get you from the beach to the block so water sports are no problem either. Quick drying, comfortable and ready for anything. See more designs at KeenFootwear.com

Keen's Newport H2 non-slip foot-bed
All right, I know you're wondering about this sweet, low loveseat you've seen through out this article. Kelty makes it and it is low enough to set up at summer concerts and shows. Big enough for two large males, each with their own cup holder and bottle opener, (I just KNOW some guy designed this thing)! It is really comfortable and with these two Luxury Down Pillows, you can kick back in the outback. See it online at Kelty.com

 


Clothing and shoes c/o REI & Keen respectively
Loveseat & Pillows c/o Kelty 

No comments:

Post a Comment